Bond wires in
stacked Si chips
Balls and bumps
Real-time x-ray imaging is done in transmission and the image can be captured using film or an x-ray imaging system. The sample may be rotated to allow various perspectives, within the limitations of the sample size and geometry.
X-ray imaging is a quick, non-destructive analysis technique to look at solder joint quality and the large scale structure of devices.
- Defects and voids in BGA balls, QFNs
- Wire bonding defects
- Metallization burnout
- Voids in through hole pins.
- Die attach integrity
- Solder bump quality
- 100kV x-ray imaging system upgraded to 1024x1024 pixel CMOS sensor
- X-ray on film for military applications
- 3D x-ray using a 5DX instrument available by special request
If defects are detected, recommendations are made for further tests or analyses.
Request a Quote
Send us details of your
problem and we'll respond
within 24 hours.
Request More Details